Atlantic Cod 2 x 6 Oz. Portions – Fresh
The light and flaky, clean and mild taste of wild caught Atlantic Cod makes this fish a popular go-to for families and those who want a light, satisfying and easy-to-prepare healthy meal.
- Excellent Source of Protein
- High Vitamin B-6
- High Vitamin B-12
Atlantic Cod is one of the healthiest and easiest to prepare fish you can choose to eat. It’s naturally low in mercury, and rich in protein and omega-3 fatty acids. When cooked, its high moisture, translucent color flesh turns to a dense, flaky white flesh.
Atlantic Cod is one of the more commonly used species in fish and chips and its light, neutral flavor makes it a perfect option for those who wish to try incorporating more fish into their diets.
It’s important to open and inspect your shipment as soon as you can after it arrives on your doorstep.
The beauty of purchasing fresh wild caught Atlantic Cod? It’s ready to prepare, any way you like, as soon as you open your shipment.
- Species: Atlantic Cod
- Scientific Name: Gadus morhua
- Sustainability Rating: MSC
- Country of Origin: Iceland
- Region of Origin: Atlantic Northeast (FAO 27)
- Method of Production: Wild Caught
- Method of Catch: Longline, Troll
- Seasonal Availability: Year-Round
Atlantic Cod is wild caught in the cold, pristine waters off the shores of Iceland by MSC Certified fisheries. City Pier Seafood and its parent company Raw Seafoods, Inc. have long-standing relationships with trusted harvesters who have an ongoing commitment to cooperate with researchers to ensure they operate in as clean a manner possible.
As a member of the Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI), City Pier Seafood and its parent company, Raw Seafoods, Inc. are among 90+ stakeholders committed to aligning global efforts and resources to address seafood sustainability challenges. Together we are proud to support the GSSI mission to ensure confidence in the supply and promotion of certified seafood.
Atlantic Cod is high in protein, low in fat and sodium, and is an excellent source for vitamins B-6, B-12, and D. It is a good source for potassium, magnesium, and zinc, key minerals that contribute to a healthy immune system.
- Contains: Fish (Cod)
- Dietary Information: Heart Healthy, Keto, Low Carb, Low Fat, Nutrient Dense, Nutrient Rich, Paleo, Whole 30
- Additional Information: Excellent Source of Protein, High Vitamin B-6, High Vitamin B-12
- Recommended Wine Pairings: Oaked Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc
Serves:2 peoplePrep Time:00h 15Cook Time:00h 20
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 10Cook Time:00h 15
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 05Cook Time:00h 17
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 10Cook Time:00h 10