Do’s and Dont’s
- Remove label from packaging before cooking
- Do not microwave
- Do not thaw
- Follow all cooking instructions
- Do not bake in oven hotter than 425°F
Is it safe to cook food inside plastic?
Yes! The bake-in-bag packaging is made from MYLAR® CKP5 by DuPont, a leading manufacturer of advanced packaging solutions. The plastic is FDA compliant and puncture resistant. It is a heat-sealable film that has the ability to package raw meats, poultry, and seafood. Handling is minimized between the plant and the finished, ready-to-eat product to prevent food contamination.
Is the plastic sustainable?
Yes! The MYLAR® CKP5 packaging does not present special disposal problems, and can be buried in a landfill or safely burned in an incinerator with normal refuse.
What are the benefits to you?
- Can go directly from freezer to convection or conventional oven
- Portion-control packs contain pre-seasoned or marinated seafood servings
- Provide convenient solutions for today's busy lifestyle and growing trends in healthy eating
- Ready in 30 minutes or less
- Packaging does not create a fishy odor in the house
- Freezer-ready packaging protects against freezer burn
- Can store frozen for up to one year