Bay Scallops 1 Lb. - Frozen
There's something special about preparing Bay Scallops at home. They require very little preparation, cook quickly, and they're truly an affordable, nutrient dense luxury you can have plated and ready in minutes.
- All Natural
- Excellent Source of Protein
- Low Fat
- Low Saturated Fat
- No Preservatives
Briny and Sweet
It’s important to open and inspect your shipment as soon as you can after it arrives on your doorstep.
While there are a number of safe ways to thaw shellfish, by far, the best approach to preserve its flavor and consistency is to thaw it in the refrigerator.
Remove the scallops from the original packaging and place them on a plate or shallow pan to catch any liquid. Thaw it in the refrigerator for 18-24 hours before you plan to cook it, preferably overnight.
- Species: Bay Scallops
- Scientific Name: Placopecten magellanicus
- Sustainability Rating: MBA Green and Yellow
- Country of Origin: Peru
- Region of Origin: Pacific Southeast (FAO 87)
- Method of Production: Farm Raised
- Method of Catch: Bottom Culture, Lantern
- Seasonal Availability: Year-Round
Bay Scallops are farm raised and sustainably sourced by some of the world’s finest fisheries, working in highly controlled and regulated conditions. We only work with sources committed to maintaining ideal environmental conditions.
As a member of the Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative, City Pier Seafood and its parent company, Raw Seafoods, Inc. are among 90+ stakeholders committed to aligning global efforts and resources to address seafood sustainability challenges. Together we are proud to support the GSSI mission to ensure confidence in the supply and promotion of certified seafood.
Sea Scallops are an excellent source of high-quality protein, minerals, and are naturally low in fat.
- Contains: Shellfish
- Dietary Information: Heart Healthy, Keto, Low Carb, Low Fat, Nutrient Rich, Paleo, Whole 30
- Additional Information: All Natural, Excellent Source of Protein, Low Fat, Low Saturated Fat, No Preservatives
- Recommended Wine Pairings: Muscadet, Oaked Chardonnay, Pinot Gris