Flounder Portions 12 Oz. Pack – Fresh
We can’t think of a better way to prepare flounder than with a rich wine or butter sauce. This thin, versatile fish cooks quickly and is easy to prepare. A sauce or light breading will ensure a moist, delicious meal for any night of the week.
- Excellent Source of Protein
- Good Source of Vitamin D
- High Vitamin B-12
Flounder is a thinner, flaky white fish that is mild and slightly sweet. Because it’s so thin, it cooks quickly, in as little as 2-3 minutes per side. A perfect and delicious option for a weeknight meal ready in as little as 15 minutes.
Whether your purchase contains fresh or frozen flounder, it’s important to open and inspect your shipment as soon as you can after it arrives on your doorstep.
The beauty of purchasing fresh flounder? It’s ready to prepare, any way you like, as soon as you open your shipment.
- Species: Flounder
- Scientific Name: Pleuronectes spp.
- Sustainability Rating: MSC
- Country of Origin: Iceland
- Region of Origin: Atlantic Northeast (FAO 27)
- Method of Production: Wild Caught
- Method of Catch: Trawl
- Seasonal Availability: Year-Round
Flounder is wild caught in the cold, pristine waters off the shores of Iceland by MSC-certified fisheries. City Pier Seafood and its parent company Raw Seafoods, Inc. have long-standing relationships with trusted harvesters who have an ongoing commitment to cooperate with researchers to ensure they operate in as clean a manner possible.
As a member of the Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI), City Pier Seafood and its parent company, Raw Seafoods, Inc. are among 90+ stakeholders committed to aligning global efforts and resources to address seafood sustainability challenges. Together we are proud to support the GSSI mission to ensure confidence in the supply and promotion of certified seafood.
Flounder is an excellent source of protein, is low in fat and calories, and is an excellent source of vitamins B-12 and D.
- Contains: Fish (Flounder)
- Dietary Information: Heart Healthy, Keto, Low Carb, Low Fat, Nutrient Dense, Nutrient Rich, Paleo, Whole 30
- Additional Information: Excellent Source of Protein, Good Source of Vitamin D, High Vitamin B-12
- Recommended Wine Pairings: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Veltliner
Serves:2 peoplePrep Time:00h 15Cook Time:00h 15
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 10Cook Time:00h 15
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 15Cook Time:00h 05
Serves:8 - 16 peoplePrep Time:00h 00Cook Time:00h 30