Halibut 2 x 6 Oz. Portions – Fresh
Wild caught in the icy waters of the Pacific Northwest, halibut is a lean white fish with a mild, sweet taste. Its texture is firm yet delicate and flaky, making it a perfect option for a number of recommended cooking methods. It is a delectable alternative to cod.
- Canada, United States
- Excellent Source of Protein
- Good Source of Vitamin D
- High Vitamin B-6
The mild, sweet taste of halibut is a family favorite for its versatility and ease to prepare, holding up beautifully to just about any cooking method you choose. It has a thicker, firmer texture as compared to cod and it's delicious in fish tacos!
It’s important to open and inspect your shipment as soon as you can after it arrives on your doorstep.
The beauty of purchasing fresh City Pier Halibut? It’s ready to prepare, any way you like, as soon as you open your shipment.
- Species: Halibut
- Scientific Name: Hippoglossus stenolepis
- Sustainability Rating: MSC
- Country of Origin: Canada, United States
- Region of Origin: Atlantic Northwest (FAO 21), Pacific Northeast (FAO 67)
- Method of Production: Wild Caught
- Method of Catch: Longline
- Seasonal Availability: Year-Round
Halibut is wild caught in the icy waters off the shores of the Pacific Northwest by MSC-certified fisheries. City Pier Seafood and its parent company Raw Seafoods, Inc. have long-standing relationships with trusted harvesters who have an ongoing commitment to cooperate with researchers to ensure they operate in as clean a manner possible.
As a member of the Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative (GSSI), City Pier Seafood and its parent company, Raw Seafoods, Inc. are among 90+ stakeholders committed to aligning global efforts and resources to address seafood sustainability challenges. Together we are proud to support the GSSI mission to ensure confidence in the supply and promotion of certified seafood.
Halibut is naturally high in protein, low in saturated fat and sodium. It is an excellent source of vitamins B-6, B-12, and D and a good source of magnesium, potassium, and zinc, a nutrient that contributes to a healthy immune system and metabolism.
- Contains: Fish (Halibut)
- Dietary Information: Heart Healthy, Keto, Low Carb, Low Fat, Nutrient Dense, Nutrient Rich, Paleo, Whole 30
- Additional Information: Excellent Source of Protein, Good Source of Vitamin D, High Vitamin B-6
- Recommended Wine Pairings: Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, White Rioja
Serves:2 peoplePrep Time:00h 15Cook Time:00h 20
Serves:6 peoplePrep Time:00h 00Cook Time:00h 45
Serves:4 peoplePrep Time:00h 15Cook Time:00h 20
Serves:2 peoplePrep Time:00h 05Cook Time:00h 20