Enjoy restaurant-style tuna teriyaki from your own home kitchen. Brushed with Japanese flavors and broiled, it comes out sweet and thick, with just enough crisp.
- 4 tuna
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- FOR THE MARINADE:
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Japanese rice wine
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 inch ginger, fresh peeled and chopped
- Make the marinade: put the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, garlic, sugar, and ginger into a nonmetallic dish.
- Add the tuna steaks to the marinade and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Cook the steaks under the broiler, 3" from the heat, brushing with the marinade, for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with scallions.