This recipe is simple, light, tasty, and perfect for summer. It’s full of in season, fresh summer veggies and cooked in a light wine sauce. The fresh City Pier Seafood shrimp and the veggies really shine in this dish and are served over whole grain spaghetti. Serve this for a weeknight dinner or bring to a summer brunch!
- 1 pound City Pier Shrimp
- 10 oz whole grain spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine OR chicken stock
- 1/2 pound asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1 1/2″ pieces)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent, 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add the wine (or stock) to deglaze the pan. Scraping up any browned bits that may have accumulated on the bottom. Reduce the heat to low to keep warm and set aside.
- Add the shrimp to the boiling pasta water and cook just until pink and opaque, 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Bring the water back to a boil and add the pasta.
- Cook and drain the Pasta reserving 3/4 Cup of the pasta water.
- Return the pasta to the pot. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of the Olive Oil, toss to coat and set aside.
- Add the asparagus and about 1/4 cup of the reserved Pasta Water to the onion-garlic mixture.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and cook until the asparagus are tender 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the peas, cook for 1 minute, then add the pasta, shrimp, and remaining Pasta Water. Cook until all ingredients come together, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!