Air Fryer Salmon Teriyaki Recipe
A recipe that cooks in under 10 minutes? There must be a kitchen angel looking out for us on busy weeknights!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1/3 plus 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 16.5 ounces salmon
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 bulb scallion, chopped
- Follow this keto teriyaki sauce recipe instructions to prepare the sauce but do not add the xanthan gum thickener. Let the sauce cool to room temperature.
- In a small baking tray or casserole dish that’s just big enough to fill in all the salmon pieces, pour over ⅓ cup of the teriyaki sauce and marinate the fish skin side up for 15-20 minutes.
- Line the air fryer basket with a thin layer of parchment paper or an air fryer liner. Slightly drip off the marinade and place the fish, side skin down, in the basket and with some gap between the fillets. Discard the marinade.
- Air fry at 400F for 7 to 9 minutes. The exact time will depend on the thickness of the fish and your appliance. Mine was done at 7 minutes for medium-rare and 8 minute for medium.
- To thicken the teriyaki sauce, take ¼ cup of the sauce and add it to a small sauce pot. Bring it to a low simmer. Gradually and slowly sprinkle in 1/8 tsp xanthan gum while whisking at the same time to prevent clumps.
- The fish will be nearly opaque when cut into, at 120F (49C) at the thickest part. You can peek into the thickest part with a sharp knife or fork. It should flake easily, but still has a little translucency in the center.
- Transfer the fishes to a plater. Glaze the salmon with teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and scallions. Remove the skin before serving. I recommend serving them warm.
Products you will need
- Wild Sockeye 2 x 6 Oz. Portions – Fresh$18.99Out of stock