Crispy Baked Scallops
Panko crumbs form an irresistibly crispy crust. Resistance is futile and, at fewer than 300 calories a serving, totally unnecessary.
Share with your friends
- 16 sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dry scallops well with paper towel and remove any attached side-muscle on the scallop by pinching and tearing it away from the scallop (the muscle is much tougher to eat than the scallop).
- Combine the salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, panko, Parmesan, parsley, olive oil, and butter in a bowl stirring well until combined.
- Place the scallops into an 8x10 baking dish, then cover with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the topping is browned.