Caribbean Lime Halibut
Lime is the ideal partner for sweet-tasting halibut. After marinating, enjoy 26 grams of protein and just 3 carbs in about 10 minutes’ cooking time.
Share with your friends
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, grated
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound halibut fillet
- Put tamari, 2 tablespoons of oil, gingerroot, lime juice, sugar, and garlic in a small mixing bowl; whisk together.
- Place fish in a shallow pan and pour marinade over the top. Allow to marinate ½ – 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an oven-proof skillet, cast iron is good.
- Place halibut in the pan, skin side up and sear for one minute, turn and sear second side for one minute.
- Leave fish in the skillet and place in oven. Bake until fish is almost cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and place on stove over low heat (skillet will be very hot from the oven).
- Add remaining marinade, letting the liquid heat and reduce before serving.