Cedar Plank Lobster and Shrimp with Garlic Butter
Just when you thought using a cedar plank couldn’t get any easier, Lobster and Shrimp decided to make a guest appearance on your plate.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- FOR THE GARLIC-HERB BUTTER:
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, finely chopped
- FOR THE LOBSTER TAILS & SHRIMP:
- 2 cedar planks, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 2 lobster tails
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- parsley, for serving
- FOR THE GARLIC-HERB BUTTER: In a small saucepan, over medium heat melt 1 stick of butter. Add the garlic. Reduce the heat to a very subtle simmer. Simmer, until the garlic is very fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the salt, tarragon and parsley. Remove from heat, cover and set aside while you prepare the fish.
- FOR THE LOBSTER TAILS & SHRIMP: Preheat the grill to medium (about 400-450 degrees Fahrenheit)
- To prepare the lobster, take a good pair of kitchen shears and cut down the center of the spine (or the top of the tail) lengthwise.
- Place the lobster tails and the shrimp in a large bowl. Drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt, pepper and old bay seasoning. Gently toss until coated evenly.
- Place the cedar planks on the grill to get hot, about 3 minutes. Once hot, place a lobster tail on each plank. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, push the tails to the edge of the plank then evenly divide the shrimp amongst both planks. Cover and cook for an additional 6 minutes, flipping shrimp halfway through, about 3 minutes, until they are no longer opaque.
- When the lobster and shrimp are cooked through, carefully remove from the grill (I use a good pair of tongs) and serve with the garlic-herb butter. Enjoy!