Chile Lime Fish Taco Bowls with Citrus Crema
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- FOR THE FISH:
- 2 pounds halibut
- OR 2 pounds cod
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2-3 limes)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried chipotle chowder
- 1 teaspooon sea salt
- FOR THE CREMA:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (1/2 orange)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 small head of cabbage (red or green or half of each)
- guacamole or diced avocados
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- pico de gallo
- Place the fish in a large shallow dish or ziptop bag.
- Combine the lime juice, dried chipotle powder (more if you'd like it spicier), and sea salt. Pour it over the fish. Chill the fish and let it marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crema and chill until ready to serve.
- Shred the cabbage and prep the guac and salsa (if needed).
- Cook the fish by grilling it over medium-high heat in a greased grill pan or in a skillet over medium-high heat in a little coconut oil.
- To assemble bowls, put a bed of shredded cabbage in each bowl. Top with a couple pieces of fish, a couple scoops of salsa, guac, and a sprinkle of pepitas. Serve with lime wedges and a drizzle of crema.
Products you will need