Coconut Crusted Flounder
Like crispy? You’ll love coconut crusted flounder. Garlic, onions and coconut impart distinctive flavors, sweetened by the chili orange dipping sauce.
Share with your friends
- canola oil
- 5 flounder
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup shreaded sweetened coconut
- 2 large eggs
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- FOR THE CHILI ORANGE DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 x 6 ounce jar orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup Asian garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- In pie plate, combine the panko and coconut. In another pie plate, beat eggs and dash of salt and pepper. In a third pie plate, mix flour, onion and garlic powder together.
- Dredge fish in flour, then eggs, then the panko/coconut.
- Saute in batches, until crisp and golden brown; 3 - 4 minutes per side watching carefully so the coconut does nut burn. Drain on a paper towel-lined sheet tray. Serve hot with Chili Orange Dipping Sauce on the side.
- FOR THE CHILI ORANGE DIPPING SAUCE: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.