Fill up and warm up with this spicy combination of cod, chickpeas, ginger and tomatoes. Bright red and garnished with parsley, curried cod is a gastronomic and visual feast.
Share with your friends
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons medium curry powder
- thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas
- 4 cod
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large, lidded frying pan. Cook the onion over a high heat for a few mins, then stir in the curry powder, ginger and garlic. Cook for another 1-2 mins until fragrant, then stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and some seasoning.
- Cook for 8-10 mins until thickened slightly, then top with the cod. Cover and cook for another 5-10 mins until the fish is cooked through. Scatter over the lemon zest and coriander, then serve with the lemon wedges to squeeze over.