Cold scallops? You better believe it. After a quick searing, an herbal vinegar bath—30 minutes in the ‘fridge—makes ‘em stone cold delicious.
Share with your friends
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups trimmed watercress
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add scallops to pan; cook 1 minute or until browned. Turn over and cook 30 seconds. Place scallops in a bowl.
- Combine vinegar and next 4 ingredients (through pepper), stirring with a whisk. Pour vinegar mixture over scallops. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Arrange 1/2 cup watercress on each of 6 salad plates. Remove scallops from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving marinade. Divide scallops evenly among plates. Drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon marinade.