Faroe Island Salmon with Mango & Avocado Salsa
A City Pier Seafood favorite. Admittedly, it's a challenge to not dig into the salsa while the salmon is on the grill. Toss leftovers, if you have them, into tortillas for an easy take on Friday Night Fish Tacos.
Wine Pairing: Oaked Chardonnay
Share with your friends
- FOR THE SALMON:
- 2 x 6 ounce Faroe Island salmon fillets
- 1 orange, halved & juiced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- FOR THE SALSA:
- 1 mango, peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled & diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded & diced small
- 1 lime, halved & juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- PREP THE SALMON: Working with a dish large enough to handle both salmon fillets pour ½ the orange juice on the dish and place the salmon flesh side down to marinate while you prepare the salsa. Refrigerate.
- MIX THE SALSA: In a medium bowl toss together mango, red onion, cilantro, avocado, jalapeño, ½ of the lime juice, olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss and taste, adjust if needed with lime, salt or pepper.
- GRILL THE SALMON: Preheat grill to medium high heat. Remove salmon from the orange juice, pat dry with a paper towel. Oil and season salmon. Place salmon on grill and grill about 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through (turn carefully as the salmon will be fragile).
- SERVE: Place the warm salmon on a dish and top with the mango & avocado salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.