Flounder Stuffed with Shrimp and Crab Meat
Seafoods, unite! Shrimp, crab and scallops join flounder for a hearty 30 grams of protein per serving.
Share with your friends
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 ounces shrimp, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Old Baby Seasoning
- OR 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat
- 3 - 4 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- FOR THE FISH:
- 1 pound flounder
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil and butter. Add the onions, garlic, celery, and peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted.
- Add the shrimp and season with salt and Old Bay (to taste). Sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and place mixture into a bowl. Gently stir in the crabmeat, then the bread crumbs a little at a time, adding more as needed to gently bind. Set aside to cool.
- Place equal amounts of filling onto each fillet and roll up. (alternatively, you can place one fillet on the baking sheet, place filling atop the fillet, then place another on top, off to the side, to resemble a pocket of stuffing).
- Place the fish on a baking dish (seam side down if rolled). Drizzle the fish with the butter and sprinkle with lemon juice. Sprinkle top of fish with salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until fish is cooked thru. Remove the fish from the oven and serve with lemon wedges.