Fruity Fun Fish Tacos
Sweet & fun to make and eat! A delicious meal the whole family will love. Just make sure you make enough … Seriously - they go down easy! And they’re so colorful.
Share with your friends
- FOR THE FISH:
- 1 pound cod
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle seasoning
- 8-10 small tortillas, flour or corn
- FOR THE TZATZIKI DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cucumber, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon, juiced or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- FOR THE PINEAPPLE MANGO SALSA:
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- FOR THE COD: Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil to a saute’ pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chipotle seasoning to the oil to what up the seasoning.
- Once the pan is nice & hot, add the cod to the pan. After 3-4 minutes, flip to the other side for another 3-4 minutes until the fish is opaque, flaky and cooked to an internal temperature of 145F.
- FOR THE TZATZIKI DRESSING: In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients until well blended.
- FOR THE PINEAPPLE MANGO SALSA: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Get the littles involved by having them help to create an assembly line for all the finished ingredients, starting with warmed corn or flour tortillas on a plate, followed by a plate of the cooked and seasoned cod, flaked apart so it’s easy to spoon into a tortilla, followed by the Pineapple Mango Salsa, the Tzatziki dressing, and any other sauces you have on hand to try. We recommend Cindy’s Kitchen Fish Taco Sauce.
- ASSEMBLY: Place a tortilla on a plate or in a bowl
- Add a spoonful of the cooked cod
- Add a spoonful (as much or as little to taste) of the Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Followed by a drizzle of the Tzatziki Dressing
- Enjoy! - Then build & enjoy another!
- This is a great recipe for Kitch’n Kidz! Little ones can help by stirring the salsa and the dressing, and assembling the tacos. Remember - the more your children get involved in helping out in the kitchen, creating delicious meals, the more likely they will be open to try new things.
- Be sure to snap photos and videos, post them on social media, and tag @citypierseafood and @kitchnkidz. Your kidz and their creations may be featured on the Kitch’n Kidz Instagram page!
- Now get out there and make some delicious Fruity Fun Fish Tacos ... and memories! 😊