Garlic, Cilantro & Lime-Grilled Shrimp Skewers
The magic of this recipe is the marinade. With just a handful of ingredients, this citrusy-sweet, slightly-spicy twist on shrimp kabobs take less than 5 minutes on the grill. It's sure to be a favorite year-round. Some fresh chimichurri and a grilled baguette, and you have a meal!
Wine Pairing: Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
Share with your friends
- FOR THE SHRIMP:
- 1 pound white shrimp 16/20 count, fresh or defrosted, peeled, cleaned, tail-on
- skewers, metal or wood (if wood, presoak in water)
- FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, halved & juiced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced (optional)
- PREP MARINADE: Add the olive oil, cilantro, garlic and lime juice to a small mixing bowl and whisk together, season to taste. Add the jalapeño if you like a little kick.
- BUILD THE SKEWERS: I like to go with 4-5 shrimp per skewer. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Thread the shrimp on the skewers. Place the skewers on a tray, working with half the marinated coat the skewers. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- GRILL SHRIMP SKEWERS: Place the shrimp skewers on the grill, cook for 1-2 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- SERVE: Remove the shrimp to a plate and spoon some of the marinade on top before serving. Garnish with some fresh cilantro leaves, lime wedges and jalapeño rings. A fresh chimichurri and a crusty grilled baguette will make it a meal!