Ghost Pepper Cod with Cauliflower Mash
Turn up the heat with a ghost pepper and honey glaze. Turn up the healthfulness with a side of cauliflower mash.
Share with your friends
- FOR THE COD:
- 4 cod
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ghost chili powder
- FOR THE CAULIFLOWER MASH:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets and boiled until tender
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- dash kosher salt
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To start the cod fillets, begin by mixing honey and ghost chili powder in a small mixing bowl. Place the cod fillets on a rimmed baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush honey/ghost chili mixture over each fillet. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt over top. Once glazed and seasoned, place the fillets in the oven and bake for approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Once fish is cooked thoroughly (flakes with ease by fork) remove from the oven and allow to sit.
- While the fillets cool, start the cauliflower mash process. In a food processor or blender, place your boiled and strain cauliflower florets. Add the olive oil and some salt and pepper and pulse until the cauliflower florets are a smooth and creamy texture.
- When cauliflower mash reaches the right consistency, plate the mash and fillets as desired. Optional garnishes include fresh chopped cilantro or just a light sprinkle of red pepper flakes.