Grilled Cilantro Chicken & Shrimp
A mouth-watering recipe with cilantro marinade and guacamole that can easily be tossed onto a side salad.
Share with your friends
- FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1 cup cilantro, coarsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- FOR THE GUACAMOLE:
- 3 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 tomatoe, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- FOR THE CHICKEN & SHRIMP:
- 24 large shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Tajín seasoning
- cilantro, coarsely chopped
- lime wedges
- FOR THE CILANTRO MARINADE: For the marinade, in a blender or food processor, combine the cilantro, pepper, salt, olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice, and garlic. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Place the chicken breasts in 2 large resealable plastic bags; add half of the marinade to each bag. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour but no more than 2 hours.
- FOR THE GUACAMOLE: Meanwhile, scoop the avocado flesh into a medium bowl. Mash with a fork. Stir in the tomato, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- FOR THE CHICKEN & SHRIMP: Preheat the grill to high. Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard the marinade. Arrange the chicken on a grill rack. Grill, turning once halfway through, until cooked ( 165°F ), 14 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp in a large bowl. Drizzle the lime juice over the shrimp and toss to coat. Sprinkle the Tajín seasoning over the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Transfer the chicken to a large platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Add the shrimp to the grill. Cook, turning once halfway through, until trans- lucent and pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the shrimp and guacamole. Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.