Grilled Halibut Niçoise with Market Vegetables
Toss in any type of veggie for this salad that can be customized to please just about anyone!
Share with your friends
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds mixed vegetables (scallions, garlic scapes, Romano beans, halved small eggplants, halved baby or new potatoes)
- 4 cups torn lettuce leaves (romaine, red leaf, or butter)
- 1 cup tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch small breakfast radishes, trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup green olive tapenade
- Cook eggs in a large saucepan of boiling water 7 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl of ice water; let cool.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Rub halibut with 2 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill, skin side down, until skin is charred and fish is nearly cooked through, 5–8 minutes. Turn and grill just until cooked through, about 1 minute. Transfer halibut to a plate and remove skin.
- Toss vegetables with remaining ¼ cup oil in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender. Time will be different for each vegetable (about 2 minutes for scallions and garlic scapes, 4 minutes for Romano beans, 8–10 minutes for eggplants, 10–15 for potatoes). Transfer to a plate as they are done.
- Carefully peel and halve eggs (yolks will still be a bit loose in the center). Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter and place halibut, grilled vegetables, tomatoes, radishes, and eggs in separate areas on top. Spoon some Green Olive Tapenade over; serve remaining tapenade alongside.