Grilled Swordfish, Lisbon Style
Portuguese fish sauce is easy to make in about 30 minutes. Fresh swordfish needs just salt, pepper and olive oil, and eight minutes in the oven. Put ‘em together and you’re dining seaside in Lisbon.
Share with your friends
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 cup chopped seeded plum tomato (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing the fish
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon anchovy, finely chopped
- FOR THE FISH:
- 6 swordfish steaks
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine all the saucde ingredients, then preheat the grill or broiler.
- Brush the fish lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil about 3 inches from the heat until cooked though but still juicy, about 4 minutes each side, depending upon thickness. Transfer to serving plates and spoon the sauce over the fish.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and sauteed greens or zucchini.