Halibut Ceviche with Mango and Avocado
It’s the perfect summer dish! Ceviche is light, refreshing and healthy, and there’s no heat necessary. Simply marinate and wait; three hours in the fridge is all it takes.
Share with your friends
- 1 (8 ounce) halibut fillet, skinned and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Dash hot sauce
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- lime wedges, for serving
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Place halibut in a non-reactive glass bowl or ceramic dish.
- Combine lemon juice, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and hot sauce. Pour over halibut and gently stir. Make sure the halibut is covered with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, stirring halfway through to redistribute the marinade. Again, make sure the halibut is covered.
- Gently toss together the mango, avocado, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and honey in a bowl. Drain the halibut and fold it into the other ingredients. Adjust acidity if needed and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips.