Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 4 - 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 - 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound halibut, cut into strips
- OR 1/2 pound swordfish, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup green pepper chunks
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the vinegar, water, soy sauce and hot pepper sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add fish and shake to coat. In a small skillet, saute fish in oil for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute green pepper and onion for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add pineapple. Stir sauce and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return fish to skillet; heat through. Serve with rice.