Honey Ginger Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
This recipe is a beautiful combination of sweet and tangy spice that makes your mouth just water. Not to mention it involves an easy-to-make sauce. Can’t beat that!
Share with your friends
- FOR THE SALMON
- 1 (2 pound) salmon
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- FOR THE NECTARINE, CORN, AND AVOCADO SALSA
- 1 nectarine, chopped
- 1 ear grilled corn, kernels removed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Soak the cedar plank in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling, but 2-4 hours is ideal. Heat grill to medium heat.
- Lay the whole salmon, skin side facing down, on top of the cedar plank. Rub the flesh of the salmon with lemon zest, ginger, garlic, and black pepper. Place on the grill and cover the grill. Grill for 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, and chili paste. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, brush the soy sauce mix over the salmon.
- Using a large spatula, remove from the grill. Top with salsa and serve.
- To make the salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Spoon over the salmon.