Honey Glazed Black Cod
The holidays are here and we are four days away from Christmas and one week away from the New Year! This year, I’m celebrating the holidays with a variety of delicious comfort food with my family. One of the dishes will be FISH, especially sustainable seafood that are labeled with @MSCbluefish. MSC Blue Fish is a nonprofit dedicated to ending overfishing worldwide. So when shopping look for that #MSCbluefish label. When purchasing a MSC Blue Fish label know that you are purchasing a product that is wild-caught, certified sustainable, and a portion of the proceeds goes towards funding sustainability research and supporting fisheries through their Ocean Stewardship Fund!
Today we will be using a label MSC blue fish - Sable Black Cod Fillet from Whole Foods! We will be creating an umami flavor base to marinade the fish in and cook it off in a nonstick and serving with rice. It is so simple to do, under 30 minutes and your whole family will enjoy it! So let’s get cooking - Honey Glazed Black Cod!
Share with your friends
- 1 pound cod
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
- Sliced sable black cod in threes and leave on the side.
- In a large bowl combine honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil, grated ginger, and garlic. Place fish in and allow to marinade in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat with oil. Place fish skin side up and cook for 5-7 minutes until flipping over to cook 5-7 minutes to finish. Add the marinade sauce into the pan with cod and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Garnished with green onions, serve with rice and enjoy!