Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- FOR THE PASTA
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine
- FOR THE SHRIMP
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (9 cloves) minced garlic
- 2 pounds large shrimp (about 32), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon grated zest
- 1/2 cup (4 lemons) freshley squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily! Add the shrimp, 1 tablespoon of salt, and the pepper and sauté until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot. Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.