Niçoise Tuna Salad with Dijon Dressing
Salad as a main meal makes more sense when tuna gets involved. With hard boiled eggs and vegetables, summer dinners never had it so good.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 16 ounces tuna
- 6 ounces whole green beans, trimmed
- 4 - 6 small new potatoes
- 4 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 4 cups spinach leaves, packed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- handful of olives, chopped, ripe
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Gather the ingredients.
- Grill tuna on the grill, stovetop grill pan, or broil for just 3 to 4 minutes on each side. The tuna should be rare to medium rare for best flavor.
- Cook the new potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and then slice.
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water until just tender but still vibrant green, about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Arrange spinach leaves, hard cooked eggs, and potato slices on the salad plates. Layer the sliced grilled tuna, green beans, red onion, and chopped olives to make a mound, repeating layers until ingredients are used. Garnish the plate with tomato wedges.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a blender or screw-top jar and use processor or shake until well blended.
- Serve the salad drizzled with the dressing or serve it on the side.