North African Spiced Alaska Halibut
Turn up heat and flavor with Moroccan spices and Tunisian harissa. Fresh halibut gets perfectly flaky after about 12 minutes of roasting; frozen needs just 20.
Share with your friends
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 halibut steaks or fillets
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Stir in harissa, garlic and olive oil.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Halibut under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Place halibut portions in spray-coated baking dish. Spoon and spread spice mixture over top of halibut. Cover dish with foil; seal. Roast 18 to 25 minutes for frozen halibut or 10 to 15 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Variation: Remove foil during last 10 minutes of cooking, until lightly browned.