Pan-Seared Halibut with Lemony Zucchini Noodles
Feeling strapped to meet the dinner deadline? You'll love the lightness and freshness of this meal that can be prepared in 20 minutes or less. The lemony zucchini noodles are perfectly paired with pan-seared halibut.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc or White Rioja
Share with your friends
- FOR THE HALIBUT:
- 2 x 6 ounce halibut portions
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE LEMONY ZUCCHINI NOODLES:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 lemon, zested then juiced
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 12-16 ounces zucchini noodles, fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- PREP THE HALIBUT: Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat a skillet over medium high heat and add the smashed garlic cloves. Pat the halibut dry and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- COOK HALIBUT: Add halibut to pan, sear both sides until golden. (The fish will release itself when it is ready to flip, 1-2 minutes). Remove from pan once both sides have developed nice color and place on baking sheet and cook in oven for 4-8 minutes or cooked through.
- PREPARE ZUCCHINI NOODLES: Working with a large sauté pan over medium heat, add oil, shallots and garlic, cook until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add zucchini noodles and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until noodles soften, about 4 minutes. Add in zest, parsley and lemon juice. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- SERVE: Split warm noodles between two entrée bowls and place halibut on top, garnish with fresh parsley. For an added kick add chili flakes or grated pecorino cheese.