Pizza of Roasted Cod Spiked with Chorizo, Tomatoes, and Mushrooms
Gluten-free? Use seafood as the “crust.” Cod gets topped with chorizo and veggies, then oven-baked for 10 minutes; after a few bites you’ll be wondering why dough was ever invented. (Okay - maybe not, but its delish.)
Share with your friends
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds cod fillet
- fine sea salt
- ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 ounces dry chorizo, quartered in thin slices
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered into thin slices
- 5 button mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons italian parsley
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with oil.
- Place cod on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Place chorizo, tomatoes, and mushrooms in alternating rows across the fish until completely covered. Top with garlic and sprinkle generously with cayenne. Sprinkle rosemary, thyme, parsley, and scallions over the fillet; season with salt.
- Drizzle fish with 6 tablespoons olive oil. Roast, occasionally spooning accumulated oil over the fish, about 5 minutes. Rotate baking sheet, and pour clam juice over cod. Continue roasting until a metal skewer inserted into the fish for 5 seconds goes in easily and feels hot when touched to your lip, 5 to 6 minutes.
- To serve, spoon any accumulated oil over the fish. Squeeze lemon over fish. Lift parchment paper on one side and gently slide fish onto a hot serving platter.