Portuguese-Style Sea Scallops
Fresh sea scallops get enriched with even more depth: port wine and five cloves of garlicky goodness. Go from start to supper in just 10 minutes.
Share with your friends
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup port wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Start by patting dry your scallops with paper towel to remove any water excess. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over high heat until hot.
- Add half of scallops and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove scallops from pan and keep warm. Repeat procedure with the remaining scallops.
- Once your second batch of scallops is out of the pan, stir in port wine and lemon juice, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Add back scallops, add parsley and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds over high heat.