Roasted Halibut Steaks with Nectarine Chutney
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 5 riped nectarines, halved, pitted, and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 halibut
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh tarragon leaves for ganish
- Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a baking dish, combine the nectarines, olive oil, onion, lemon juice, brown sugar and ginger. Stir to coat, then spread evenly in the dish.
- Brush the fillets with olive oil, then season on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the fillets on top of the nectarine mixture and roast until the fish is opaque throughout and flakes easily with a fork and the fruit is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- To serve, use a spatula to transfer a fillet to each of 4 warmed individual plates, top each with a spoonful of chutney and sprinkle with tarragon leaves. Serve, passing the remaining chutney at the table. Serves 4.