Seared Scallops with Pomegranate Glaze
If you’re looking for a simple and festive holiday appetizer, then this is your recipe! The scallops are seared and delicious! Served with a red pomegranate glaze and green spinach - giving it the perfect holiday look! So good and yet so simple! A real crowd pleaser!
Share with your friends
- 1 pound scallops
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice, divided
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- pomegranate arils
- Rinse the Scallops and pat dry. Heat the Oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly season the scallops with Salt and Pepper and add them to the pan once the Oil is heated. Sear the Scallops for two minutes on each side until cooked through and lightly golden brown. Place the Scallops on individual plates.
- Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup Pomegranate Juice and a little more Oil if needed. Cook the Spinach until it just begins to wilt, and season to taste with Salt and Pepper. Arrange spinach around scallops.
- Add remaining Pomegranate Juice, Vinegar and Soy Sauce to the pan. Once the mixture begins to sizzle, reduce heat to a low simmer and allow to reduce by half, stirring frequently. Drizzle sauce over Scallops, garnish with pomegranate arils.