Seared Tuna Sandwich with Balsamic Onions
Tuna sandwiches on the brain? Enjoy freshly-made tuna in less than 20 minutes, with a garlicky seasoning you won’t find in a can.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups onions, vertically sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tuna
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 4 curly leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and thyme; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While onion cooks, combine flour, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge fish in flour mixture. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Spread 1 teaspoon mustard over top half of each bun. Layer 1 lettuce leaf, 1 fish steak, 1 tomato slice, and 1/4 cup onion mixture on bottom half of each bun. Top with top halves of buns.