Sheet Pan Hawaiian Shrimp and Rice Dinner
Hawaiin flavors run amok in this Ree-recommended dish from Simply Scratch. Pineapple, fresh shrimp, veggies and coconutty brown rice get perfectly toasted and roasted.
Share with your friends
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice
- FOR THE SHEET PAN DINNER:
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- non-aerosol coconut spray
- 3 cups leftover cooked white or brown rice
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- sliced green onions, for serving
- cilantro leaves, for serving
- In a small bowl whisk sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 450° and spray a large, rimmed metal baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Toss the shrimp with white pepper and 1/2 of the sauce.
- Pour the coconut oil over the leftover rice and spread it onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Remove, toss and spread out evenly before scattering the pineapple, red onion and bell pepper over top. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Next add the shrimp (discarding the sauce in the dish) and bake for 5 minutes. Remove and drizzle with 1/2 of the remaining sauce before returning the pan to the oven to bake for 4 to 5 more minutes.
- Top with sliced green onion and cilantro before serving with extra sauce on the side.