A little pizza-party twist! Start by laying out refrigerated pizza dough, then let the little ones go to town decorating it with sliced tomatoes (or pizza sauce!), gooey mozzarella and bite size pieces of shrimp. YUMMM!
Credit: This inspiring receipe is brought to you by Parents Magazine
Share with your friends
- 1 14 oz can refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, slivered
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Roll out crust to fit a jelly-roll pan. (If you don't have one, make it 15x10-inches on a cookie sheet.) Brush crust with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with garlic. Top with shrimp and tomatoes; bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven. Sprinkle it with basil and cheese. Drizzle with the remaining oil. Return to the oven just until cheese is melted, about 7 minutes. Season with pepper and allow the pizza to cool slightly before serving. Cut into 12 rectangular slices.