Shrimp Rice Paper Wraps
This is such a fun recipe for kids to make and try. I was an adult when I was first introduced to rice noodles and rice paper, and I'm so bummed I missed out as a kid on such fun and yummy ingredients. Your kids will love assembling these wraps, not to mention they will devour them because of the yummy shrimp and peanut dipping sauce. This will be a winner dinner!
Share with your friends
- FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE
- 1/2 cup salted creamy nut butter
- 2 tablespoons Tamari, soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- FOR THE SHRIMP ROLLS
- 1 package rice noodles
- 1 bag shredded carrots
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced in long matchsticks
- 8 rice paper wraps
- 1 pound shrimp
- FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE: In a small bowl, mix all ingredients
- FOR THE SHRIMP ROLLS: Add Noodles to a pot of water. Turn stove on medium and bring to a boil.
- Drain noodles.
- Run noodles under cold water.
- Soak 2 Rice Paper in water until floppy. Remove from water and let water drip off then lay on a cutting board.
- Place 2-3 Shrimps in the center of rice paper. Add shredded Carrots, slice of Avocado, Cucumber, and Noodles in the center.
- Fold the bottom half of the rice paper over then fold the sides in and tightly roll up.
- Repeat steps until all 4 rolls are made. Serve rolls with Peanut Sauce.