Skillet-Fried Fish Nuggets
6 - 10 people
Cod makes the perfect base for these breaded marvels. Skip the processed version and make your own from scratch—the kids will love ‘em!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, for frying
- 3 pounds cod
- dash lemon pepper
- dash garlic salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup dry pancake mix
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oil (it should come up to about 1/2 inch) in a large deep skillet over medium heat to 350 F to 365 F.
- Cut fish into bite-sized pieces. Lightly sprinkle the pieces with lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- Place the beaten egg and water in a bowl. Combine the pancake mix and breadcrumbs in a large plastic food storage bag.
- Dip the fish in the egg and water mixture and then place in the bag to coat with the crumbs.
- Fry the coated fish pieces in the hot oil for 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain well on paper towels. Serve fried fish nuggets immediately with cocktail sauce or tartar sauce.