Spiced-Up Garlic Butter Shrimp Orzo
It’s a little bit like shrimp scampi, but spiced up with some extra garlic, red pepper flakes, and paprika! The best part about this dinner is how easy it is! This dish can be made in 10 minutes! Yes I said 10 minutes! There is nothing better than a fresh healthy weekday dinner that’s on the table in 10 min!
Share with your friends
- 8 oz orzo
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 lb shrimp
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- t tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook orzo for 9 minutes or until al dente.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking the pasta, heat 3 Tbsp of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the Shrimp, Garlic, Red Pepper, Paprika, Salt, and Pepper.
- Cook the Shrimp, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until pink on the outside.
- Remove Shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 5 Tbsp of butter to the skillet and melt over low heat.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the cooked Orzo from the pot of water, allowing most of the water to drip off the orzo, and place orzo in the skillet.
- Add the spinach and parmesan to the orzo and toss to coat, continuing to cook over low heat stirring constantly, until the spinach has wilted.
- Return the Shrimp to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.