Steamed Cod with Ginger and Scallions
Bring on the umami! Soy sauce and rice vinegar transform cod into an Asian-style masterpiece. Steaming preserves flavor, texture and essential fatty acids.
Share with your friends
- 4 cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated, peeled fresh ginger
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 scallions, green parts cut into 3 inch lengths
- In a large skillet, combine 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger.
- Season both sides of 4 skinless cod fillets (6 to 8 ounces each) with coarse salt and ground pepper; place in skillet with vinegar mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover; cook until fish is almost opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut green parts of 6 scallions into 3-inch lengths; thinly slice lengthwise. Scatter over fish; cook (covered) until fish is opaque throughout and scallions are just wilted, about 2 minutes more.