Steamed Flounder with Vegetable Couscous
Healthy, delicious and… microwaved? If anyone can do it, Martha Stewart can. Steamed flounder bears gifts of tender juiciness and nutrition.
Share with your friends
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 flounder filets
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- In a 2-quart shallow microwave-safe dish, combine couscous, bell pepper, zucchini, oregano, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 1/4 cups water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and microwave on high until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir mixture.
- Dividing evenly, spread 1 tablespoon mustard over one side of fish; season with salt and pepper. Roll up each fillet, and place on top of couscous. Cover, and microwave on high until fish is almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes, to finish cooking.
- Meanwhile, make vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk remaining teaspoon mustard with vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle fish and couscous with vinaigrette, and season with ground pepper. Serve.