Steamed Flounder with Vegetable Couscous
Healthy, delicious and… microwaved? If anyone can do it, Martha Stewart can. Steamed flounder bears gifts of tender juiciness and nutrition.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 flounder filets
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- In a 2-quart shallow microwave-safe dish, combine couscous, bell pepper, zucchini, oregano, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 1/4 cups water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and microwave on high until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir mixture.
- Dividing evenly, spread 1 tablespoon mustard over one side of fish; season with salt and pepper. Roll up each fillet, and place on top of couscous. Cover, and microwave on high until fish is almost cooked through, about 4 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes, to finish cooking.
- Meanwhile, make vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk remaining teaspoon mustard with vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle fish and couscous with vinaigrette, and season with ground pepper. Serve.