Summer Time Shrimp Pizza
Fresh shrimp joins corn and seasonal veggies for a delicious celebration of summer. Serve four hungry eaters in under forty minutes!
Share with your friends
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small zucchini cut into half circles
- 2 ears corn, cooked
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut in half lengethwise
- 1 batch pre-made or homemade pizza dough
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 5 leaves basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-lead parsley
- Preheat oven to 500ºF. If using a pizza stone, put it in the oven to preheat. Otherwise, use a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Heat ½ teaspoon olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add ½ teaspoon olive oil to the skillet. Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute, turning halfway through. Transfer to a plate.
- Cut corn kernels off the cobs. Discard the cobs.
- Dust counter with flour and roll out pizza dough. Transfer to a pizza peel dusted with cornmeal or to the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush dough with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Top pizza dough with zucchini, shrimp, corn and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is starting to brown, 7–8 minutes. Let pizza rest for 5 minutes, then cut into 8 slices. Sprinkle the basil and parsley over top. Serve.