Swordfish a la Siciliana
Classic Italian ingredients like olives, pine nuts and capers make swordfish a sweet and sour treat. A whopping 39 grams of protein versus just 13 carbs makes it a nutritional powerhouse.
Share with your friends
- 3 ounces raisins
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 pound ripe tomatoes, diced
- 10 green olives, pitted and minced
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 pounds swordfish steaks
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Soak raisins in lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or skillet over high heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in raisins, tomatoes, olives, pine nuts and capers. Cover pan, reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Place in a lightly oiled baking dish and cover with the cooked sauce. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until steaks are firm.