Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 halibut fillets, skin removed
- steamed white rice, for serving
- FOR THE YOGURT MARINADE: In a shallow glass or ceramic dish just large enough to hold the halibut fillets in a single layer, stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, onion, garlic, cumin, turmeric, coriander, allspice, cayenne and salt. Add the halibut to the marinade and turn to coat.
- FOR THE FISH: Meanwhile, prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill and oil the grill rack. Or, preheat a broiler.
- Remove the halibut from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Place the halibut on the grill rack, or put the fish on a baking sheet and place under the broiler. Cook, turning once, until opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes total. Spoon the rice onto 4 plates, top with the halibut and serve immediately. Serves 4.