Teriyaki Tuna Skewers
Everything tastes better in smaller bites on skewers! Fun and tasty enough kids will love them too!
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 12 metal or wooden skewers (soak wooden skewers in water before use)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 pounds tuna
- 4 teaspoons ginger, fresh and finely grated
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- Mix together the water and cornstarch in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Mix together the soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over a high heat. STIR in the cornstarch mixture and cook until just thickened, stirring constantly.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly in the fridge while you prepare the tuna skewers.
- Thread 4 pieces of tuna onto each skewer.
- Stir the ginger into the cooled teriyaki sauce and brush the tuna skewers with ¾ of the sauce.
- Marinate the skewers for 10-20 minutes (optional, but it does maximize flavor).
- Cook the skewers on a lightly oiled hot grill or grill pan for 4 minutse, turning once and brushing regularly with the remaining sauce.
- Serve garnished with the slice scallion on top.