The Best Ahi Poke Bowl
Bite sized pieces of Yellowfin Tuna are used in this classic marinated dish that is light, fresh and easily tossed over noodles.
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 1 pound tuna
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced on a bias
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons macadamia nuts, roasted and salted, chopped and toasted
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon coarse Hawaiian sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Slice the tuna: Using a sharp knife, cut the tuna into 1-inch cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- Combine all ingredients: Add the onions, garlic, sesame seeds, macadamia nuts, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and red pepper flakes. Gently mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate: Cover the poke with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 2 days.