Thyme & Butter-Crusted Cod Loin
Butter and breadcrumbs. combined with this mild, white flaky fish, are irresistible to even the pickiest of meal critics. Serve with roasted vegetables or pasta with a light butter or tomato sauce, as dinner is served in 30 minutes or less.
Wine Pairing: Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris
Share with your friends
- FOR COD:
- 2 x 6 ounce cod loins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THYME & BUTTER CRUST:
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted & room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, picked & chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- MIX THE CRUST TOPPING: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine panko, parmesan, lemon zest, butter, wine, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix with a fork breaking up the butter to make sure everything gets mixed well.
- PREP THE COD: Season the Cod with the oil, salt and pepper, place cod onto baking sheet. Mound panko mixture on top of each piece of cod.
- COOK: Bake cod for 12-15 minutes, until cod is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Remove from oven. Let rest.
- SERVE: Serve the Cod with your favorite roasted vegetable (Asparagus is my go-to) A squeeze from a baked lemon just brightens the whole dish! Finish with some fresh picked thyme sprinkled over the dish.