Whole30 Tuna Poke Bowl
A satisfying meal that is light and fresh and that can be made in under 20 minutes.
Share with your friends
- FOR THE RICE:
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- kosher salt
- FOR THE BOWL:
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced, sprinkle with salt and drain excess water
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound tuna, cut into cubes and place in covered bowl in fridge until ready to use
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- sea salt
- 1 sheet nori, cut into triangles
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- black and light sesame seeds
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into chunks
- 1 cup mango chunks
- scallions and sesame seeds to garnish
- FOR THE RICE: Heat your oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add ginger to your heated oil, stirring for 30 seconds. Add garlic and cook until just golden. Turn up the heat to high and stir in cauliflower rice
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until it’s thoroughly combined with the ginger and garlic and warmed through. Add the white pepper, fish sauce, and coconut aminos. Set aside to cool
- FOR THE PICKLED CUCUMBERS & JALAPEÑO: Whisk vinegar, 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt, and 2 Tbsp. water in a small bowl. Add in your sliced cucumber and jalapeños and let sit 10-20 minutes to quickly pickle. Drain when they are done.
- FOR THE TUNA: Remove your tuna from the fridge. Add grapefruit juice, lime juice, and coconut aminos to a small bowl and season with sea salt to taste. Add your Tuna and toss to coat. Toss in pickled cucumbers and jalapeños, and sliced scallions.
- BUILD YOUR BOWL: Add your rice to a bowl and lay your nori triangles on top of the rice. Scoop your tuna, cucumber, jalapeño, and scallion mixture on top. Add in mango and avocado chunk. Lay sliced radishes on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!